What’s on the syllabus?
- Inspect tack for soundness.
- Recognise various types of saddles and martingales, and their uses.
- Recognise badly fitting saddles, bridles and martingales.
Check your own tack for soundness and fit.
Look at a photograph of you sitting in the saddle. Does it tilt you forwards or backwards?
Think about the following questions ready for the discussion on Friday evening.
- What sort of saddle do you use? When would you use a different saddle?
- How often should you get your saddle checked, and what would you expect the fitter to do?
- What type of stirrups might you use in different situations?
- What type of girth do you use and why?
- What are your thoughts on two-strap elasticated girths?
- When would you use a martingale?
- What would you use a breastplate for?
- What sort of nose band do you use?
- What reins do you use and why?
- How does a Micklem bridle work?
- When would you use a double bridle?
4. Join the Zoom on Friday
If you missed the zoom training session you can watch it here