What’s on the B Test syllabus?
- Fit and discuss a variety of rugs and their uses, tail and poll guards, and other travel protection.
- Put on and discuss a stable bandage and when it might be used.
Video: How to put on a tail bandage
Put on a stable bandage and tail bandage. Teach someone else how to. It’s a great way to see if you can explain to an examiner what you are doing and why!
Think about and read up on the following, ready for the video call to discuss:
- Which rugs you feel your horse needs as their “essential” wardrobe for winter and summer.
- How would you fit a New Zealand rug for a windy day?
- When would you use a neck cover?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of indoor/outdoor rugs?
- What rugs should your horse wear for different types of travelling. eg long or short journeys, hot weather or cold weather, in a trailer or in lorries with other horses?
- What protection should your horse wear for loading and travelling?
4. Join in the Zoom training:
If you missed the zoom training session you can watch it here.