What’s on the syllabus?
- Explain the families of bits, their characteristics and actions.
- Discuss the probable reactions of the horse to the different types of bit.
- Inspect bits for soundness.
- Recognise various types of boots and their uses.
Video: Boots – fitting and using different types of boots.
Check your own horse’s boots for correct fit.
Think about the following questions ready for the discussion on Friday evening.
- What sort of bit do you use?
- When would you use a different bit?
- How would you know if your horse is under bitted or over bitted?
- What type of boots might you use in different situations?
- What can happen if the boots aren’t a good fit?
- How do you care for your boots after use?
4. Watch the Zoom training
If you missed the zoom training session you can watch it here