What’s on the syllabus?
- Know the safety and roadworthiness requirements for horse boxes and trailers.
- Be able to discuss the equipment to be taken to a competition.
- Be able to discuss loading difficult horses, giving particular consideration to safety.
- Check your trailer or lorry ramp and floor.
- Imagine your horse has got stuck on or under the partition or breast bar. Do you know how to release it quickly? Test to see if any pins or quick release clips are too rusty to remove in a hurry.
- Checking roadworthiness.
- Safety and suitability of the ramp, safety of partitions, ventilation and draughts, and door fastenings.
- Loading and travelling difficult horses.
- Equipment to take to a competition.
3. Watch the Zoom training
If you missed the zoom session you can watch it here