What’s on the syllabus?
- Have a clear knowledge of exercise for a grass kept pony and a stabled horse.
- Be able to describe a fitness programme and a daily plan for horses or ponies competing up to Pony Club Intermediate/Open Area competitions.
- Be able to discuss issues which might affect a horse’s fitness programme.
- Show knowledge of good practice in the care and management of horse/ponies.
- Know how horses may behave when turned out, and discuss how this affects their welfare.
Make a note of how you’d get your horse ready and at peak performance for an event on 20th July.
During the session on Friday we’ll be discussing the following:
- What is fitness and why is it important?
- Different types of fitness for different activities
- How much rest and recovery time is needed, during and after the season
- Fitness program for eventing up to PC Open / BE Novice level
- Fitness, nutrition and mental resilience for the rider
- The benefits of keeping different types of horses in a stable or at grass for peak performance
4. Join the Zoom on Friday
If you missed the zoom training session you can watch it here.